In Picky Packrats you are packrats arranging the treasures you have collected in your middens (nests); adding treasures that you find by raiding the house or other packrat middens. You are very particular and want everything "just so." Unfortunately, packrats are forgetful, so you need to remind yourself of what treasures you have already packed away, while you try to arrange them in your midden to near perfection. When you really like where the treasures are, you can cement them into your midden. Once you or another packrat has cemented everything in your midden, you compare middens. The pickiest packrat; the one with the most organized midden, wins!
- Seek/Search/Scrutinize: Peek at, Reveal, or Conceal any card in their grid.
- Scout/Scavenge: Conceal a card to use its action.
- Secure/Cement: Lock a card, a row, or a column.
- Scurry/Frenzy: Conceal 2 cards with the same point value to use any available action in any player's grid.
Locked cards cannot be manipulated by either player.
- However, Concealed cards that are locked will be revealed and scored at the end of the round.
- Wild cards can be used as any number and any color to form Sets and Collections, declared at scoring.
- Cards that are moved or traded as a result of an Action remain in their previous Revealed/Concealed state.
End of Game
Once one player has revealed all cards in their grid, their round is finished.
- If both players have locked Concealed cards, the game ends as soon as neither player has a valid move.
- The other player gets to take one more action (not a full turn).
- The other player reveals any concealed cards.
- The round is scored.
- The player with the lowest score wins.
- Wild Cards: Wilds count as any number or color desired when scoring any set or collection.
- Locks: Locks have no impact on scoring.
Score each hand by totaling the following in order:
- Sets: Cards in a Set score 0. A set is any row or column all of the same number.
- Singles: Cards not in any Set score their point value (0 – 6).
- Collections: Any Collection of all the same color in any row or column scores -3.
- Unused Wilds: Wilds that are not used in any Set count as 5 points. Wilds that are not used in any Set count as 5 points. (A Wild that is not used at all will end up scoring 10 points.)
- Drafting = raiding the house.
- Peeking/Revealing = reminding yourself of what is in your midden.
- Concealing (to spend action) = reminding yourself of something you wanted to do.
- Locking = incorporating/cementing the item into your midden.